Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Lower School Student Shows off Sketchbook Skills

I was treated this fall to an amazing book,...Dylan, a 3rd grader shared his sketchbook first with his art teacher, Ms. Garcia then with me.  I personally love sketchbooks.  The passion, work, joy are all brilliantly revealed within the pages of this artist/ designer's tool for creative exploration.  At Dwight-Englewood we all keep sketchbooks for practice of skills and recording inspirations. 

I love this composition and linework...


Great Parrot Dylan!  You really captured a sense of motion.

What brilliant use of patterns and color!


 
Hope you enjoyed seeing Dylan's beautiful works as much as I did.  Check back in at the end of the month to see D-E students, alumni and faculty as they participate in an international sketchbook show.

No comments:

Post a Comment